Kevin Saunderson (exclusive mix from dance music legend) Residentadvisor












Where and how was the mix recorded?

At my studio in Detroit. Well, I should say a suburb of Detroit. I recorded it with a combination of CDs and Ableton as that's how I play.


What was the idea behind the mix?

The idea behind the mix is to show the sound that Kevin Saunderson is playing right now, the music I'm supporting and just to give people a listen to what I'm doing if they haven't heard me for a while and what I'm playing. Also there are some special unreleased versions of songs there from my History album that other producers have remixed.
Can you tell us a more little about the History project?

It started out with me doing a tour to give people (or the younger generation) an idea of how long I've been around, the history and different age of tracks. So I did that for a year as well as mixing video, DVD's and stuff like that. The next part of the project was to remix those special tracks and put them back out there with some of the remixers that are right now, with people like Carl Craig, Joris Voorn, Loco Dice, Mathew Jonson and Samuel L Sessions. So that's what we've been doing. We're in a series of three right now. We've just re-released 'Good Life' and on the flip side is John Tejeda's remix of 'Just Want Another Chance' and there's gonna be more. We're gonna continue and from there there's gonna be an album that will come out. Probably September time I think.

You're off to Miami, what else is on the horizon?
I'm playing the Hi-Tek Soul party in Miami and from there I'm just doing remixes and I'm going to continue to remix productions and that's my plan.


(READ MORE.....)















DEJANOS TU COMENTARIO